Preparation for First Eucharist begins with the preparation for the sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as penance or confession)
For questions, please contact Ellen Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-821-2132
For students not attending SFA school, Sign up for Religious Education (RE) 2023-2024 classes here
Missed the First Communion Meeting, October 18, 2023? Watch it here
Some highlights of upcoming events from the calendar are given below:
- Register your child for First Communion and Sign up for a retreat for your child here. Retreats are Saturday mornings (9am-1pm), Feb. 24 and March 2. Parents are welcome to help during the Parents are expected to attend from 11am-1pm for the adult talk/discussion on the Sacrament). Lunch is included in the $35 per family retreat fee.
- Passport Stamps begin October 29 and run through February.
- First Reconciliation is celebrated Saturday mornings, Jan. 13 & 20. Sign up your child for a time here. Please know that your child’s appointment time includes time for parents and other family members to go to confession as well.
- Encourage your child to memorize the Act of Contrition. The prayer can be found here.
El acto de contrición se puede encontrar en español aquí.
- Plan to attend with your child the meeting on Wed, Jan. 10 at 6:30pm in Church.
Preparation for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation normally takes place in the second grade for children baptized in the Catholic Faith. Essential for the preparation of First Reconciliation is regular worship in Sunday Mass, participation in class, participation in parent and child preparation meetings and retreats, and a commitment on the part of the parents to the faith education of their children.
A first grade religious education is normally required for the preparation of First Reconciliation in the second grade.
The preparation for the Sacrament of First Eucharist also requires regular worship in Sunday Mass, participation in class, participation in parent and child preparation meetings and retreats, and has received First Reconciliation.
If your child has missed some or all grades, there is a place for your child to begin sacramental preparation.
For more information regarding your older child, please contact Ellen Ward at email@example.com or call at 734-821-2130.