Please read the following notes carefully and then submit your request for a letter of good standing using the link below. If you do not comply with all three requirements listed below, you may call the Parish Office at 734-821-2100 to discuss the matter. However, please do not be offended if a letter is refused.
What is a Letter of Good Standing?
A letter signed by the pastor certifying that an individual is a registered (6 months minimum registration is required), active and contributing parishioner of St. Francis of Assisi Parish and so is eligible to serve as a godparent at Baptism, a Confirmation sponsor or a mentor for Marriage preparation.
To receive such a letter, the individual must comply with all three above requirements. The pastor will NOT sign such a letter if these requirements are not met.
Please do not drop off forms at the parish with a request that they be signed. Please use the form below.
Active Participation means:
To be considered an active parishioner in good standing of St. Francis of Assisi we require the following:
- That you are registered here for a minimum of 6 months- if unsure: please call the Parish.
- That you fulfill your obligation to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation.
- That you contribute to the financial needs of the parish.
- That you are involved in some parish program or activity.
What happens when you do not meet these requirements?
From time-to-time St. Francis Parish is asked to sign letters where the individual:
- is not registered with us,
- has no record of any stewardship or active involvement in our parish,
- is not known to anyone on the Pastoral Team, or,
- has recently moved to our parish and has no record of being involved here.
These issues make it impossible for us to sign a Letter of Good Standing. But please note that this may be a wonderful opportunity for you to re-assess your relationship with Christ and his Church. Being invited to be a god-parent or sponsor is a sacred thing and not something to be undertaken negligently or wantonly.
What if I have just moved to the parish?
If you have recently moved from another parish and have not yet been a registered member of St. Francis Parish for the requisite 6 months, it may be best to seek a letter from your previous parish or some form of verification that we can rely upon.
How to submit a request for a Letter of Good Standing?
If you meet the above requirements, please use the link below to request a letter.