St. Francis of Assisi Parish and School Development Coordinator
Full Time, Non-Exempt, Reports to the Business Manager
Summary of Position:
He or she will perform administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing and volunteer development and will gain firsthand experience in strategic planning to increase the capacity of a growing St. Francis school, parish and Educational Trust Fund (ETF). Additionally, the Development Coordinator will be involved with stewardship and other parish related activities and relationship management, including working with the Pastor, Principal, Business Manager and volunteer leaders to create and implement the fundraising, development and communications strategy for St. Francis of Assisi Parish/School, as well as donor and grant research and tracking. This role is entry level and will serve as the catalyst for a successful career in non-profit fundraising and relationship management for the right candidate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of communication principles and practices.
- Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, Knowledge of website management.
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability to use various databases.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through with minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study such as Marketing or Communications, or the equivalent work related experience is a plus
- Possesses collaborative leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and motivate relationship-building.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours with possible evening and weekend meetings/activities.
- Compliance with the Virtus – Protecting God’s Children
- Successful background check.
- Maintain dexterity, vision and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time for 6-8 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift and move full file archive boxes.
- Requires the ability to be mobile (including, but not limited to walking, bending, squatting, crouching, twisting, kneeling, reaching, etc.).
If interested, please submit resume and cover letter to Michael Scott, parish business manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: jobs employment careers