Preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation
The sacrament of Confirmation is received in the 8th grade with preparation beginning in January of the 7th grade. Please be assured that all the following expectations listed below are discussed and spread out over 15 months of preparation. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help your child succeed in their Faith!
For candidates preparing for Confirmation 2021, all candidates are expected to:
- Watch the January 27 here.
Meeting Agenda can be found here
The Revised Confirmation Schedule can be found here.Read MoreAttend/View the October Meeting (for youth, parents, and sponsors) found here and pick up the yellow binder.Register for Confirmation, using the Candidate Registration Form 2020-21. (both school & RE students)
- If your youth does NOT attend SFA school, then please Register and attend religious education classes. The registration for 2020-21 classes is found online here . (Students enrolled in St. Francis School receive religious education instruction during the school day and do not need to re-register for classes).
- Commit oneself to consistent personal prayer.
- Maintain an open and honest relationship with one’s sponsor or mentor. Work on the Red Book and accompanying material (see your yellow binder) with your sponsor. Please indicate your chosen sponsor on the Confirmation Registration Form. Choosing a sponsor? See the information on the role of the sponsor.
- Attend Mass regularly on Sundays. Fill out and submit the monthly October-April online Sunday Mass Reflection Forms or download the paper copies.
- Complete all entries in the sponsor and candidate books.
- Participate in one of the two scheduled retreats. Virtual retreats are scheduled for Fridays, Feb. 19 (FULL) and March 5 from 6:30pm-9:30pm. Sign up for a virtual retreat here.
- Willingly engage in 30 hours of community service, filling out and submitting the Service Hour Form.
- Prepare an oral report about the Saint/holy person chosen for one’s Confirmation and complete the Name Form. See choosing a name or Choosing a Saint for information. When you have chosen your name, please fill out and submit the name form with a picture of the student.
- The best spiritual way to prepare for Confirmation is to celebrate the Sacrament of Confession (Reconciliation). Normally, confession would be a part of the retreat. Since a virtual retreat does not allow for such, SFA has arranged for the celebration of Reconciliation for candidates, and if desired sponsors and parents on Thursdays, April 15 and 22 from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Candidates: sign up for the Sacrament of Reconciliation here.
- Complete a Confirmation interview. Sign up for the Interview here
- The Celebration of Confirmation For Confirmation June 2021, Sign up for a Mass here.
If your child has missed some or all grades, there is a place for your child to begin sacramental preparation. For more information regarding your older child please contact email@example.com (Ellen Ward) or 734-821-2130.
For adults interested in Confirmation, please contact the Adult Faith Formation Office (Kelly Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org).