Preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation
The sacrament of Confirmation is received in the 8th grade with preparation beginning in January of the 7th grade. Please be assured that all the following expectations listed below are discussed and spread out over 15 months of preparation. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help your child succeed in their Faith!
For candidates preparing for Confirmation Spring 2023, all candidates are expected to:
- Youth receive the Confirmation preparation red binder, red candidate/sponsor book, and 2022-2023 schedule of events. If you have not already done so, please submit the Candidate Registration Form 2022-23. (both school & RE students)
- If your youth does NOT attend SFA school, and you have not already done so, then please Register and attend religious education classes. The registration for 2022-23 classes is found online here . (Students enrolled in St. Francis School receive religious education instruction during the school day and do not need to re-register for classes).
- Commit oneself to consistent personal prayer.
- Maintain an open and honest relationship with one’s sponsor or mentor. Work on the Red Book and accompanying material (see your yellow binder) with your sponsor. Please indicate your chosen sponsor on the Confirmation Registration Form. Choosing a sponsor? See the information on the role of the sponsor.
- Attend Mass regularly on Sundays. Fill out and submit the monthly online Sunday Mass Reflection Forms
- Complete all entries in the sponsor and candidate books.
- Participate in the scheduled retreat.
- Willingly engage in 30 hours of community service, filling out and submitting the hours within your created account.
- Prepare an oral report about the Saint/holy person chosen for one’s Confirmation and complete the Name Form. See choosing a name or Choosing a Saint for information. When you have chosen your name, please fill out and submit the Saint Name Form
- The best spiritual way to prepare for Confirmation is to celebrate the Sacrament of Confession (Reconciliation).
- Complete a Confirmation interview.
- Mass with the Celebration of Confirmation date TBD
If your child has missed some or all grades, there is a place for your child to begin sacramental preparation. For more information regarding your older child please contact email@example.com (Ellen Ward) or 734-821-2130.
For adults interested in Confirmation, please contact the Adult Faith Formation Office (Kelly Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org).