St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School, founded in 1952 and re-accredited in 2017 by the Michigan Association of Nonpublic Schools, is an integral part of the St. Francis of Assisi Parish community in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our 35+ teachers work together encouraging students to discover God’s plan as they learn, care and lead. Specialized teachers are on staff for art, band, computer technology, library, music, physical education and Spanish-language instruction. Student enrollment is over 400 in Washtenaw County’s largest Catholic elementary school. Centrally located in Ann Arbor, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School offers co-ed classes in preschool through eighth grade.
1) Middle School Math Teacher
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Requirement: Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with endorsements in math or science
Job requirements are as follows (but not limited to): lesson planning; online grading; implementing differentiated instruction in math; teaching, planning and modeling faith-based practices; teaching Catholicism and math classes.
For more information on the job description: https://www.dioceseoflansing.org/sites/default/files/elemenary_teacher2020.docx
To apply: please submit the online application and e-mail cover letter and resume to Julie Pritzel, principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: MS Math Teacher Position.
Full time: provides assistance for the instructional program including but not limited to: Lesson implementation; Classroom preparation ; Clerical help: Assists with the supervision of students; and Lunchroom/Playground duties.
The ideal candidate must have a high school diploma and some educational background in child development along with at least one year of experience in a school or daycare working with children. Please attach your resume and reference to the online job application. Questions about the position may be directed to Julie Pritzel, Principal at email@example.com
3) Part Time, Athletic Director, 2022-2023 School Year
Part-time: some clerical during the day and monitor and operations some evenings.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
The Athletic Director is responsible for supporting and monitoring the athletics programs at the middle grades and middle school level as well as working with coaches and secretaries to ensure administrative, equipment, safety, and compliance requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions
Supports and assists middle school athletic coaches with athlete paperwork and eligibility requirements.
- Assists coaches with issues around programmatic, parent/community concerns.
- Monitors athletes’ safety and well-being under direction of coach.
- Ensures safe, timely, and productive practices for each sport.
- Prepares and monitors athletics budget in coordination with school administration.
- Recruits and recommends coaches, supervisors, and event workers in conjunction with school administration.
- Ensures contest logistic needs are met by arranging for transportation, officials, and facilities as necessary.
- Attends meetings with other Athletic Directors within our District and the league to create schedules.
- Attends Middle School Athletic Council meetings.
- Monitors, with the assistance of a secretary, the athlete eligibility cards/requirements and confirm that all athlete paperwork has been completed.
- Evaluates, maintains, supplies, and requests repairs to athletic equipment as needed.
- Enforces and uses the athletic code as appropriate to make decisions regarding player eligibility.
- Collaborates with other Athletic Directors regarding facility use.
- Makes recommendations regarding facility upgrade and upkeep.
- Ensures injuries are appropriately documented, coaches are aware of and follow guidelines, and safety equipment, first aid kits, and emergency contact forms are obtained and properly prepared and distributed.
- Ensures coaches have received the athletic handbook and follow guidelines as outlined in the handbook.
- Supports and gives recommendations to coaches regarding student peer conflict, advise principal when necessary
- Communicates with administration as needed regarding student/staff/community issues.
- Uses school approved scheduling software to post contest schedules and reserve facilities.
- Communicates with all key stakeholders regarding contest schedules.
- Holds meetings with parents and athletes regarding athlete eligibility, program philosophy and other program information.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Background or experience in athletics.
- Previous Coaching experience.
- Excellence with online platforms and communications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of school MS athletic philosophy and athletics policies.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of individual and team sports.
- Demonstrates an understanding and use of equitable and culturally responsive practices.
- Ability to work outside of the normal school days and hours.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
Physical Requirements – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and to stand/walk frequently.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on computer and/or related office equipment
To apply: please e-mail cover letter and resume to Julie Pritzel, principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Athletic Director
4)Full-time, Elementary (K-5) School Teacher
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education with highly qualified endorsements in elementary education.
Requirement: Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with endorsements in elementary education.
Job requirements are as follows (but not limited to): lesson planning; online grading; implementing differentiated instruction in reading and math; teaching, planning and modeling faith-based practices; teaching Catholicism, language arts, math, science, and social studies classes. Additionally, virtual assignments and online teaching are included.
For more information on the job description: https://www.dioceseoflansing.org/human-resources/position-descriptions
To apply: please e-mail cover letter and resume to Julie Pritzel, principal, at email@example.com. Attn: Elementary Teacher Position.
5) Substitute Teachers
St. Francis of Assisi School is in need of substitute teachers. Follow lesson plans, follow COVID
protocol, supervise students, teach, and engage students. Please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Substitute Teacher Applicant- (Your Name)
Mrs. Julie Pritzel, Principal
2270 East Stadium Boulevard
Ann Arbor, MI 48104