Planned Aging Links and Resources
- Funeral Mass Preparation at St. Francis Parish – A List of those who have died in Christ;
- Memorial Garden at St. Francis Parish –
- Please contact the Parish Office to arrange for Final Anointing, a Funeral Mass, or to learn more about our Parish Memorial Garden at St. Francis Parish.
Volunteer as a Senior! UM researchers list several factors that affect quality of life for Seniors in Washtenaw county. One factor, volunteering, has a very strong correlation with quality of life. Learn more at these links:
- National Council for Aging Care: http://www.aginginplace.org/how-to-volunteer-as-a-senior/
- St. Francis Parish Service Opportunities
- Free Estate Planning Guidee from United Way Washtenaw
- Michigan Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection Educational Programs: Home Repair and Improvement – In-Home Care and Senior Residences – Identity Theft – Investment Fraud – Online Safety – Phone, Mail, and e-Scams.
- Veterans DD214 Form should be found by your family so when you die they take the form in to get benefits like a flag, & military honors at funeral, etc!
- Planned Aging Event Presenters are listed with contact numbers in our Essential Human Resources Lists, including:
- Housing Bureau for Seniors
- Mitzel Law
- Edward Jones
- The Charles Reinhart Company
- Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist
- Elder Law
- Funeral Planning
- CarePatrol – Rick Young
- Friends of the Family
- University Living & Brookdale & Glacier Hills & StoryPoint;
- ArborCrest Cemetery
- St. Francis Parish School ETF Legacy Society
- Essential Human Resources Lists include services for senior citizens, like help with grocery shopping and errands, plus non-medical – private duty home care services.