The Sign of the Cross
+ In the Name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Grace before Meals
Bless us O Lord,
and these thy gifts,
which we are about to
receive from thy bounty,
through Christ our Lord.
Act of Contrition
I am sorry for my sins
with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong
and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you
whom I should love
above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help,
to do penance,
to sin no more,
and to avoid whatever
leads me to sin.
Our Savior Jesus Christ
suffered and died for us.
In his name, my God,
Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women,
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Our Father (The Lord’s Prayer)
Our Father, who art in heaven.
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning is now
and ever shall be, world without end.
I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of
God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge
the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
Hail Holy Queen (Salve Regina)
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To you we cry,
poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
Your eyes of mercy toward us; and after this
exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy
O clement, O loving,
O sweet Virgin Mary.
The Joyful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation Mary learns that
she has been chosen to be the mother of Jesus.
2. The Visitation Mary visits Elizabeth,
who tells her that she will always be remembered.
3. The Nativity Jesus is born in a stable in Bethlehem.
4. The Presentation Mary and Joseph take the
infant Jesus to the Temple to present him to God.
5. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple Jesus is found
in the Temple, discussing his faith with the teachers.
The Sorrowful Mysteries
1. The Agony in the Garden Jesus prays in the Garden of Gethsemane on the night before he dies.
2. The Scourging at the Pillar Jesus is lashed with whips.
3. The Crowning with Thorns Jesus is mocked and crowned with thorns.
4. The Carrying of the Cross Jesus carries the Cross that will be used to crucify him.
5. The Crucifixion Jesus is nailed to the Cross and dies.
The Luminous Mysteries
1. The baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan
God proclaims that Jesus is his beloved Son.
2. The Wedding Feast at Cana At Mary’s request,
Jesus performs his first miracle.
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God Jesus
calls all to conversion and service to the Kingdom.
4. The Transfiguration of Jesus Jesus is
revealed in glory to Peter, James, and John.
5. The Institution of the Eucharist:
Jesus offers his Body and Blood at the Last Supper.
The Glorious Mysteries
1. The Resurrection God the Father raises
Jesus from the dead.
2. The Ascension Jesus returns to his Father in heaven.
3. The Coming of the Holy Spirit The Holy Spirit
comes to bring new life to the disciples.
4. The Assumption of Mary At the end of her life
on earth, Mary is taken body and soul into heaven.
5. The Coronation of Mary Mary is crowned as
Queen of Heaven and Earth.
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help,
or sought thy intercession, was left unaided,
inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come,
before thee I stand.
Sinful and sorrowful,
O Mother of the Word incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Image credit: Renata Sedmakova / Shutterstock.com