Welcome to the St. Francis of Assisi School Preschool Program
This is a preschool program offered through St. Francis of Assisi School. Part time and half day schedules may be available.
Full Day Preschool 8:00 am – 3:15 pm
Half Day Preschool 8:00 am – noon
Registration and Tuition Information
Registration Fee: $150.00 (non-refundable)
5 full days $8800/year $880/month
4 full days $7700/year $770/month
3 full days $6600/year $660/month
5 half days $6200/year $620/month
4 half days $5400/year $540/month
3 half days $4700/year $470/month
- We have an annual tuition rate that is broken into 10 equal payments from August-May.
- Tuition payments are due on the 15th of each
- The first payment is due on August 15, 2022; final payment is due on May 15, 2022
- Tuition payments must be made through Automatic Debit only
- There is a $30 per month late fee for payments received after the 15th of the month
- There is a $30 returned payment fee
Families will be placed based on the following priority:
- Current & Returning Preschool Families
- Current K-8 School Families & SFA Staff
- Francis Parishioners
- New families
- You will first submit the online application. Within two weeks we will begin to confirm Each family is given 48 hours to accept the spot by paying the $150 registration fee, so that I may notify waiting families as soon as possible.
- When requesting a part-time schedule, flexibility is needed in order to accommodate all our
- Part-time families must register for a minimum of 3 half days. There is no longer a 2-day option in the Enrichment 3’s classroom.
- Once you are offered a spot and have confirmed enrollment by paying the registration fee for a full-time schedule, a request for a reduction in days will only be granted when the days you’d like to drop are filled by another child. You will be responsible to pay the full tuition rate until that
- Our Pre-K A classroom is designated for full-time schedules only and a reduction in days is not permitted.
- Pre-K B and Enrichment 3’s offers 3-5 half or full day
- You will be notified of your child’s Pre-k classroom placement in mid-August, prior to the start of school.
The full-day preschool for four-year-olds uses the Creative Curriculum System. This research-based curriculum model helps the staff present exciting studies throughout the year. Each study incorporates many different project-based investigations that allow the children to actively explore the topic and find answers to the questions that they may have about the topic. In addition, the preschool children will:
- Play educational games focusing on math, letters, memory, etc.
- Participate in dramatic play activities
- Practice fine motor skills using a wide range of building and construction toys
- Begin writing letters, numbers and words
- See their words and ideas in writing
- Be able to participate in art and craft activities
- Have hands-on science and cooking experiences
- Have the opportunity for one-on-one work to meet individual needs
Large Motor Activities
The children in Preschool will have daily outdoor play times except when prohibited by the weather. The children play in a large, fenced in playground geared to meet the needs of young children. Several weekly periods of free play are available in the gym.
During the later part of the year the classroom will begin focusing on kindergarten readiness. The children will work on:
- Increasing their ability to listen and follow directions
- Mastering basic independence and self-help skills
- Gaining a basic understanding of number concepts and letter recognition
- Developing the pre-literacy skills needed to read and write
- Color, shape and spatial recognition skills
Extended School Program
Preschool families have the option of enrolling in before or after-school care.
- Before-School Care 6:45-8:00 am
- After-School Care 3:15-6:00 pm
No-School and Half-Day Programs: Special programs are offered on many of the no-school and half-day sessions. The days care is offered is indicated on the school calendar.
For More Information
Please contact Christina Busse, Director of the Extended School Program and Preschool at 734-821-2290 or email@example.com.