May 10, 2017
Dear Fellow Parishioner,
I am hoping to hear from as many of you as possible as we launch the current feasibility study to assess the possibility of having a capital campaign to build a new parish hall. Your opinions do matter and are of importance to our parish leadership and I hope that you will take this opportunity to share with us your thoughts and ideas.
After much discussion at parish leadership level we decided that it would be to our advantage to undertake a combined campaign with the Diocese. To help you in your own reflections we would like to share with you some of our plans for this project:
- What we envision is a two story building, connected to the Church on the west side of our campus. The green area that we hope to build on is about 1 acre in size. It would be about 15,000 sq ft- 3 times the size of the PAC with an occupancy of about 1,500 persons.
- It would be a multi-functional building, with space for fellowship, education, storage and offices. In keeping with the design and layout of our current buildings, it would have a façade of red brick and glass that would compliment the Church and the PAC.
- As a two story building it would open out onto Frieze Ave on the upper level and the west parking lot on the lower level. We also plan to increase the number of parking spaces by 40+ with new spaces reserved for the disabled and to open up a new exit on Stadium to facilitate traffic flow.
- The current PAC will continue to be used and will allow us to expand the activities offered by our parish school and community.
- The project will also allow us to deal with an old issue of drainage by complying with City of Ann Arbor requirements on water abatement. This will cost about $1.4 million.
- The total goal of our proposed combined campaign is $10 million. Of this $8.3 million will be used for our new hall, $1.7 will be used for the wider Church share. Click here for details on the combined diocesan and parish campaign
We hope that as a committed member of our community of faith you will see the need for this new project and will, after prayerful reflection, decide to join us in making it come to life. Again your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
If you haven’t already filled out the parish survey (either on paper or online) please click here to take the survey.
Fr. James and the Parish Leadership